Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seed Energy Bites
How To Make Pumpkin Seed Energy Bites
This scrumptious snack comes from Jamie Oliver’s kitchen and is chock full of powerful ingredients!
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds, raw/unsalted
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- ¼ cup Medjool dates
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 orange
- In a food processor, blitz 10-15 pumpkin seeds to create a fine powder.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Place the remaining pumpkin seeds, puffed quinoa, almonds and dates (remove pits) in the food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cacao and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend again until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, honey and juice from ½ of the orange.
- Blend again for 1-2 minutes until a dough is formed.
- Use your hands to scoop the mixture and form it into balls.
- Roll the balls into the powdered pumpkin seeds.
- Place into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe makes about 24 Power Bites. TWO pieces would make a great portion size for a snack.