Heaven! This epic spread will be the star of your Christmas party! – by Mel Burge
Prep: 30 Minutes – Cook: 30 Minutes – Easy – Serves 12
This showstopper dessert grazing plate is perfect for your Christmas party – big or small!
Whipped cream, mini doughnuts, mini meringues, wafer sticks, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, red grapes, almond bread, nougat, chocolate-coated almonds, melting moments, pretzels, caramel popcorn and Maltesers, to serve
WHITE CHOCOLATE ROCKY ROAD
2 x 290g bags White Choc Melts
250g packet marshmallows
¾ cup shredded coconut, toasted
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pistachio kernels
2/3 cup squeezed fresh lemon juice
1 cup caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, chopped
MILK CHOCOLATE FONDUE
2 x 200g block milk chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup thickened cream
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- To make rocky road, place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl. Cool slightly.
- Stir in marshmallows with remaining ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Refrigerate, covered for 2 hours, or until firm.
- To make lemon butter, whisk eggs, juice and sugar in a large, heatproof bowl until combined. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir for about 15 minutes, or until thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter until smooth. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold.
- To make fondue, combine all ingredients in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place lemon butter and whipped cream into serving bowls. Place on a serving platter with warm fondue. Cut rocky road into pieces. Place on platter.
- Arrange mini doughnuts and meringues, wafer sticks, fruit, almond bread, nougat, chocolate-coated almonds, melting moments, pretzels, caramel popcorn and Maltesers on platter. Serve.
TIP!Rocky road can be made up to three days ahead. Keep, covered in the fridge. Lemon butter makes 2 cups. It can be made up to one week ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Fondue makes 2 cups and is best made just before serving.