Lemon is often associated with healthy living. It is rich in vitamin C that can enhance your health and your skin, which is why it is often used to rejuvenate skin. It is also used to cleanse the body. You may have heard about the lemon water detox, a good way to cleanse the system from the inside so you get that glow on the outside.
However, if you think lemon water is boring, why not try something that you will surely love? Here are lemon smoothies and juices that will provide you detox benefits with every sip:
Lemon Smoothie for Your Skin
Get rid of annoying acne problems with this super simple recipe:
- ½ lemon without the peel
- One orange without peel as well
- One apple without the core
- Two cups of baby spinach
- Eight ounces of water, filtered
Just add all the ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth. You can substitute baby spinach with other greens.
Lemon and Lime Detox Smoothie
The fiber in the ingredients here can help you remove all the toxins in your body, particularly in the liver, intestines, and colon.
- ½ lemon without the peel and seeds
- ½ lime without the peel and seeds
- 2 bananas
- Orange juice from one fruit
Just blend all the ingredients in your blender. If you want, you can add kale, spinach, or dandelion greens – approximate one to two cups.
The ingredients in this smoothie are all from the citrus family. Get a healthy dose of vitamin C, the antioxidant that helps your cells fight damage.
- Four oranges without the peel, but leave most of the white pith
- One grapefruit
- ½ lemon with the pith but without the peel
The white pith has bioflavonoids that help strengthen your blood vessels, gums, and capillaries.
Smoothie for Liver Cleansing
For a healthier and cleaner liver, prepare the following ingredients:
- ½ lemon
- Three beets
- One inch of ginger root
- Two carrots
- Two radishes
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of water
Follow the steps for this smoothie:
- Remove the peel of all the veggies.
- Place the veggies into the blender.
- Slice the lemon and get the juice, which you will place in the blender with the veggies.
- Add the ginger, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Start blending and drink immediately.
Citrus Green Smoothie
Here’s another way to detoxify that has plenty of vitamin C and other antioxidants:
- ½ lemon
- ½ lime
- One banana, frozen or fresh
- One cup of kale without the stem
- One tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
Just add everything in the blender and process until desired consistency is reached. You can add ginger, sea salt, and frozen blueberries if you want.
To successfully detoxify, regularly drink smoothies with lemon. This not only flushes away the toxins in the body, but also helps you lose weight.