Wrinkles and fine lines can happen to anyone as they are a part of our natural biological process. They can happen to anyone, even though they are more common in older people. However, even younger people these days can get them because of free radicals, ultraviolet rays, and toxins that we are continually exposed to. Aging is the main cause of wrinkles, but there are other reasons that many people neglect, including:
- Having lighter complexion
- Nutrition deficiency
- Inadequate sleep
- Sedentary lifestyle
Of course, not having proper skin care regime can cause wrinkles. You don’t have to buy expensive anti-aging products or even go through procedures, such as Botox, to keep your face wrinkle-free. Here are masks you can make at home to help prevent or eliminate those pesky fine lines:
Recipe #1: Oatmeal Mask
This mask can tighten and reduce wrinkles on your skin. Ingredients are:
- Two tablespoons of oatmeal
- Half a cup of buttermilk
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon of almond oil
With the ingredients ready, here are the steps for this mask:
- Mix buttermilk and oatmeal.
- Place in a pan and warm the mixture up.
- When you see the oatmeal is soft, add the oils together and let it cool.
- Apply the mixture on your face after washing with a mild cleanser.
- Leave the mask on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water and apply a toner and moisturizer after.
Make sure you avoid your eyes and lips when you apply the mask.
Recipe #2: Banana Mask
Bananas are rich in nutrients that are good for the skin, including vitamins A and E. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Mashed banana
- One tablespoon of organic honey
- Two tablespoons of heavy cream
- One tablespoon of oat flour
Follow the instructions below for this mask:
- Combine honey, oat flour, heavy cream, and banana.
- Mix well and apply onto your clean face.
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
As usual, avoid your eye and lip areas.
Recipe #3: Egg White Mask
Here’s a really easy face mask and you will only need these two ingredients:
- One teaspoon of honey
- One raw egg
Make this mask with the following steps:
- Mix honey and egg. Remember that you only need egg white.
- When smooth, spread the mask onto your face and neck.
- Leave for 15 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
These masks not only help reduce appearance of fine lines, but they can also be effective in tightening pores and decrease acne.