Recipe by:Animator’s Wife
“This spooky Halloween treat is scarily realistic! A non-alcoholic version may also be made for the kiddies by substituting the peach schnapps with water.”
- 1 brain-shaped gelatin mold
- 4 (3 ounce) packages peach flavored Jell-O® mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups peach schnapps
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons water
Prep 20 m
Ready In 5 h 20 m
- Lightly oil a brain-shaped gelatin mold.
- Stir the peach gelatin mix with boiling water in a bowl to dissolve the gelatin. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Mix in the evaporated milk and peach schnapps; pour into the prepared mold. Refrigerate until set, 4 to 6 hours.
- To decorate, dip the mold in very warm water (don’t let the water enter the top of the mold) to loosen; invert the mold on a serving platter and lift to leave the brain in place. Mix blue and red food coloring in a small bowl with 2 teaspoons of water. Use a small clean paintbrush to paint the coloring into the grooves of the brain. Return the brain to the refrigerator until the food coloring sets. Serve cold.