“A Halloween treat to serve at any Halloween party! You can use guacamole instead of salsa if desired.”
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tea bags
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup salsa
Prep 30 m
Cook 45 m
Ready In 2 h 45 m
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain hot water and fill saucepan with cold water; allow eggs to sit until cooled, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain water. Gently tap or roll eggs on the counter so the shell is cracked but still intact.
- Return eggs to saucepan and pour in enough water to cover eggs; add soy sauce, molasses, salt, and tea bags. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until eggs have absorbed color, about 30 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and leave eggs in water to cool to room temperature.
- Peel eggs and trim bottom of each egg so it will stand upright. Cut each egg lengthwise and scoop yolks into a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper into egg yolks until evenly combined.
- Spoon yolk mixture back into egg whites; smooth filling to be level with egg white. Put each egg back together.
- Pour salsa onto a plate and assemble eggs upright into the salsa.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the soy sauce marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the soy sauce marinade consumed will vary.