Signs you should not ignore.
Estrogen dominance can be very common, and despite knowing the signs and symptoms of this condition, you should also know what to do if you are suffering from it.
Yet, before we reveal one effective and simple protocol to help you balance your hormones, we will list the 10 most common symptoms of estrogen dominance:
- Abnormal menstrual periods
- Low libido
- Bad PMS (breast tenderness/swelling, mood swings, and headaches)
- Hair loss
- Weight gain (especially hips and abs)
- Brain fog
- Trouble sleeping
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Sluggish metabolism
Here are the steps you should follow in order to restore the healthy hormonal balance in the body:
Step 1: Eliminate Xenoestrogens
Nowadays, we are constantly being exposed to various chemicals, and one of them is “xenoestrogen,” which can mimic estrogen in the body. Therefore, in order to avoid these adverse effects, you should avoid the use of the following top offenders:
- Plastic Tupperware
- Plastic water bottles
- BPA cans
- Cosmetics, makeup, and toiletries
- Tap water
- Non-organic dairy, produce
- Soy protein isolate
- Dryer sheets
- Birth control pill
Step 2: Efficient Elimination
This step is essential as it will ensure the removal of estrogen, and prevent its re-entrance into the bloodstream in the case of chronic constipation. Therefore, make sure you are having daily bowel movements, and in case you are not:
- Drink 2-3L of water daily
- Increase the intake of fiber-rich foods
- Increase the intake of vegetables with every meal
- Consume probiotics such as kefir, yogurt, miso, tempeh
- To promote bowel movements, supplement with magnesium citrate or Triphala
Moreover, in order to help the removal of waste and toxins from the body, you should also:
- Exercise or go to a sauna to stimulate sweating
- Breathe deeply to support the lungs
- Massage your body to support the lymph
- Use a dry skin brush to eliminate dead skin cells
Step 3: Improve Liver Health and Estrogen Detoxification
Estrogen is effectively removed by a well-functioning liver. In the first stage, the liver turns harmful estrogen intro milder, weaker forms of estrogen, and in the second stage, it converts it into a water-soluble form, so you can eliminate it through the stool or urine.
Yet, the liver won’t be able to fulfill its function if the body lacks important nutrients, or it is overburdened with other chemicals, accumulated due to the use of processed foods, drugs, and alcohol.
To support the function of the liver, you should”
- Drink lots of filtrated water
- Do not drink alcohol
- Each a real, whole-foods based diet
- Avoid overeating
- Eat foods that support liver health, such as kale, dandelion greens, beets, garlic, eggs, dark leafy greens, artichoke, onions, leeks, shallots, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, etc.)
- Take B-vitamins (in particular, B6, B12 and Folic Acid), as well as some hormone balancing formula that contains one or all of the following: DIM, Calcium-D-Glucarate, Indole-3-Carbinol, sulforaphane
- Supplement with botanicals that improve the function of the liver, like rosemary, burdock, red clover, barberry, milk thistle, dandelion root, Oregon grape root, gentian, licorice, ginger, wild yam.
Furthermore, in order to kick start your metabolism and improve your overall healthy by detoxifying and energizing the body, you should try some effective detox program, using medicinal herbs that are made using 100% USDA organic ingredients and also laxative-free, such as dandelion root, milk thistle seed (to improve detoxification of the liver), yerba mate and matcha ( to energize the body), or valerian root and passion flower to relax, and soothe anxious thoughts.